How important is it to you to create synergy as people work together in your company? Gaining enthusiastic cooperation from your employees not only expands your sphere of influence but also helps to create that synergy. Enthusiastic cooperation will increase productivity throughout your company by removing artificial barriers. As we as managers become more flexible, we see ourselves and our environments in a brand new way and we remove barriers between us and our employees. This creates a better company-wide understanding the value of risk-taking.
Committing to gain enthusiastic cooperation renews your enthusiasm in the company and helps you develop more flexibility. By renewing our enthusiasm and becoming more flexible, we will interact with our company and employees with more vigor and commitment.
Gaining Enthusiastic Cooperation
- influence people through trust and respect.
- Achieve cooperation versus compliance with others.
- Discover the power of finding points of agreement with others.
Gain Cooperation: Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- To get the best of an argument – avoid it.
- Show respect for the other person’s opinion. Never tell a person he or she is wrong.
- If you are wrong, admit it quickly and empathetically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Get the other person saying “yes” immediately.
- Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
- Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
- Appeal to the nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
Remember, “People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. – Anonymous” If you apply the principles sincerely and conscientiously, you will offer significant value to participants and will be easy to deliver. It is important to remember that, as William James once said, “A new idea is first condemned as trivial, until finally it becomes what everybody knows.”