Recent economic conditions have led to a highly competitive sales environment where less perspective buyers exist. A great asset to your company would be for you to make a conscious effort to remain in contact with your customers. Systematically following through with your current and potential customers provides a great opportunity to shape their perception of you and your organization.
Here are some of the ways that Dale Carnegie Training suggests for keeping your company on the minds of your customers.
- Notes — Even in our wired age, nothing beats a hand-written note. Whether it is a thank you note, or a reminder note, the recipient knows that we took time out of our day to sit down and hand-write a personal message to them.
- E-Mail — This is the next best thing to a hand-written note. Make your emails personal, friendly, and relatively informal, so that the receiver knows that we aren’t just sending a template message.
- Phone Calls — Instead of avoiding leaving voice mails, embrace them! An outgoing, upbeat voice mail message will be heard if the information is personalized to be relevant to that customer.
- Systematic Notices — Weekly, monthly, or yearly updates are another way to make sure that our customers feel like they are remembered. Announcements tied to promotions, sales, and special offers are another way of following through.
- Gift and Rewards Programs — These initiatives are becoming more and more widely used by retailers and service providers. They reward customers for money spent with that organization, whether the rewards are in the form of gift certificates, credits, discounts, or airline miles.
- Satisfaction Surveys — Many organizations do follow-through surveys by phone, email or mail. In some cases they are some form of customer preference survey, examining trends and choices.
Always remember that the customer is the lifeline of your business. The more you keep yourself and your product or service front and center in their mind, the more they’ll keep coming back to you when in need.
Bonus: For more information attend our upcoming Dale Carnegie Training course on “Effective Communications & Human Relations/Skill for Success!”
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Central Indiana, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Indiana. We would love to connect with you on Facebook.
Photo credit: basketman