As we go deeper and deeper into the 2013, Dale Carnegie Training here in Indianapolis sees a multitude of leadership challenges. Companies need to be on the top of their game. Concentrating on only the important dynamics within the organization seems like a solid strategy. There are many aspects of a business that needs attention for growth, opportunity and success.
Let’s look at five key aspects that leadership must manage well for effective employee and client engagement:
- Communication: The organization exists with and for people. With many companies here in Indiana mobile and global, it is often difficult to communicate to everyone when some teams are across the state and further. Managing distance and diversity is critical for today’s company.
- Structure: Rules and regulations in the classic organization often create additional red tape and must include the gray areas of both growth and vision. Consistency is essential when dealing with both opportunity and reality.
- Transparency: When purpose is tied to vision, being in contact with all the employees and clients is truly time consumptive. Utilizing social media messaging and e-mail will help get ideas and directives in front of the right people at the right time.
- Profitability: Unless there is revenue, a company can be doomed to failure. Giving personnel the chance to grow by knowledge sharing and commonality will help ensure success.
- Adjustments: Being a step ahead of the competition is critical in this rapidly adapting global marketplace. Change must be made based on the needs and wants and the organization’s continual focus on being the best.
In the classic How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie, successful management and leadership must “learn to organize, deputize, and supervise.” Written during Wprld War II, the statement is still true today. Leaders must make people who work for them the number one priority for success and additional opportunity.
In association with this article, click below for classes and additional information.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Central Indiana, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Indiana. We would love to connect with you on Facebook.
Photo Credit: jzcreationsz, freedigitalphotos.net